The Suncoast Society is a contemporary BDSM series set in and around Sarasota in west central Florida. It focuses mostly on a group of friends who have the fictional Suncoast Society munch group and the BDSM club Venture in common.
Suncoast Society series Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SuncoastSociety
Suncoast Society series Goodreads Page: https://www.goodreads.com/series/101204-suncoast-society
Writing As: Tymber Dalton
Suncoast Society Series Reading Order
The books are standalone and can be read independently from each other, but to avoid any spoilers, and to not miss any story arcs, the best reading order for the Suncoast Society series is as follows:
- Safe Harbor (mmf, Mac, Sully, and Clarisse)
- Domme by Default (mf, him and Her)
- Cardinal’s Rule (mmf, Tilly, Landry, and Cris)
- The Reluctant Dom (mfm, Seth, Leah, and Kaden)
- The Denim Dom (mf, Tony and Shayla)
- Pinch Me (mf, Rob and Laura)
- Broken Toy (mf, Bill and Gabe)
- A Clean Sweep (mfmm, Essie, Mark, Josh, & Ted)
- A Roll of the Dice (mf, Mike and Jenny)
- His Canvas (mf, Askel and Mallory)
- A Lovely Shade of Ouch (mf, Gilo and Abbey)
- Crafty Bastards (mmf, Cali, Sean, and Max)
- A Merry Little Kinkmas (various) [party book]
- Sapiosexual (mfm, Chelbie, Nick, Richard)
- A Very Kinky Valentine’s Day (various) [party book]
- Things Made Right (mf, Ross and Loren)
- Click (various)
- Spank or Treat (various, Seth and Leah, various) [party book]
- A Turn of the Screwed (mmf, Keith, Scott, and Noel)
- Chains (mmf, Rebecca, Logan, and Toby)
- Kinko de Mayo (various, Cali, Max, Sean, various) [party book]
- Broken Arrow (mmf, Brooke, Cody, and Justin)
- Out of the Spotlight (mmf, Lucas, Leigh, and Nick) [Note: Events lead into book 24.)
- Friends Like These (various) [Note: Events lead into book 25.]
- Vicious Carousel (mmf, Betsy, Kenny, and Nolan) [Note: Picks up where book 24 leaves off.]
- Hot Sauce (mmf, Vanessa, Reed, & Lyle)
- Open Doors (mf, Marcia & Derrick & history of Venture, introduces Amelia from One Ring)
- One Ring (mfm, Don, Amelia, Carl)
- Vulnerable (mm, Leo and Jesse)
- The Strength of the Pack (mf, Eva, Nate, a direct sequel to Vulnerable)
- Initiative (mmf, Susie Costello, Darryl, Grant)
- Impact (mmf, Tilly, Cris, and Landry)
- Liability (mmf, Kim, Cole, Mason)
- Switchy (mmf, Em, Jarred, Garrison)
- Rhymes With Orange (mmmf, Ned, Dani, Hunter, Todd)
- Beware Falling Ice (mf, Rachel, Andrew) [South Dakota Trilogy 1]
- Beware Falling Rocks (mf, Lynn, Paul) [South Dakota Trilogy 2]
- Dangerous Curves Ahead (mmm, Justin, Wade, Glen) [South Dakota Trilogy 3]
- Two Against Nature (mf, Holly, Walt)
- Home at Last (mm, Ben, Jake)
- A Kinkmas Carol (various, Seth, Kaden, Leah, & others) [party book]
- Ask DNA (mfm, Kirby, Davis, Melanie)
- Time Out of Mind (mm, Doyle and Mevi)
- Happy Valenkink’s Day (various, Tilly, Landry, Cris, Leigh, Lucas, nick, Rusty, Eliza, various) [party book]
- Splendid Isolation (mm, Everett and Wylie)
- Similar to Rain (mm, Arlin, Lee)
- Happy Spank Patrick’s Day (various, Cali, Sean, Max, and others) [party book]
- Fire in the Hole (mf, Brad and Eve, sequel to Splendid Isolation)
- Pretzel Logic (mf, Ethan and Brita)
- This Moody Bastard (mmf, Cali, Sean, Max, and others) [party book]
- Walk Between the Raindrops (mf, June and Scrye)
- Rub Me Raw (mm, Victor and Simon)
- Any World That I’m Welcome To (mmf, mm, mf Neil, Dexter, and Tamsin)
- Heartache Spoken Here (mmm, Brandon, Jeff, and Stuart)
- Roll With the Punches (mmm, Brandon, Jeff, and Stuart)
- See You Sometime (mf, Axel and Skye)
- Borderline (mm, mmm, some mf, mmmf, Bob’s story)
- A Case of You (mmm, Brandon, Jeff, and Stuart)
- Reconsider Me (mm, Joel and Fenton)
- Never Too Late for Love (mmmf, Landry, Cris, Tilly, and Bob)
- Blues Beach (mf, Tracey and Eric, Coming 10/30/2017)
- Happy Spanksgiving (mmf, Cali, Sean, and Max, Coming 11/13/2017)
- Our Gravity (mm, Bryce and Dustin, Coming Dec/2017)
Also, Tony’s Collection (Suncoast Society) contains three books in one bundle: Domme by Default, The Reluctant Dom, and The Denim Dom.
There are many more books planned for this series. Since it is a standalone series, existing characters frequently walk through each others’ books, and new characters will debut in future books. However, some of the books tie in directly with other books.
Tony first appears in Domme by Default and The Reluctant Dom. His story is told in The Denim Dom, and we see a follow-up vignette in Click.
Tilly and her men appear (and will continue to appear) in a lot of books as secondary characters, but their main story arc is comprised of:
- Cardinal’s Rule
- Happy Valenkink’s Day
- See You Sometime
- Never Too Late for Love
His Canvas introduces Chelbie, whose story is told in Sapiosexual.
Out of the Spotlight, Friends Like These, and Vicious Carousel are a sort of “trilogy” that each lead into each other.
Vicious Carousel is a prequel to Walk Between the Raindrops.
Open Doors leads into One Ring, introducing Amelia, whose story is told in One Ring.
The Strength of the Pack is a direct sequel to Vulnerable, and picks up exactly where Vulnerable leaves off.
Click contains a vignette that is a follow-up to Cardinal’s Rule and delves into Tilly’s complex and complicated relationship with Cris. Impact is a sequel to them both. Bob’s story is told in Borderline.
A Merry Little Kinkmas and Spank or Treat are sort of sequels to The Reluctant Dom. Open Doors also covers some events that happened in The Reluctant Dom from a different perspective. A Kinkmas Carol is a direct sequel to The Reluctant Dom.
A Merry Little Kinkmas sets up an interesting conundrum for Clarisse (Safe Harbor) that plays out in A Very Kinky Valentine’s Day.
A Very Kinky Valentine’s Day sets up the foreshadowing for Ross and Loren’s tale in Things Made Right. (Which, if you’ve read Safe Harbor, will make even more sense.)
The phrase “things made right” isn’t just a title for one of the books. It’s also spoken by a couple of different characters in other books, sometimes without specific knowledge of what it means to Ross and Loren, while also having the same (or similar) intent. (And to avoid spoilers, you’ll just have to read it. LOL)
The “South Dakota Trilogy” story arc contains the following three books:
Fire in the Hole is a direct sequel to Splendid Isolation, but you don’t have to read that book first to understand the events.
Cali, Max, and Sean first appear in Crafty Bastards. Their story is continued in Kinko de Mayo, Happy Spank Patrick’s Day, This Moody Bastard, and Happy Spanksgiving. They also appear as minor characters in several other books.
Brandon, Jeff, and Stuart have a multi-book story arc:
And Brandon’s ex-wife, Tracey, gets her story in Blues Beach.
Axel (See You Sometime) was briefly introduced in A Roll of the Dice and Initiative.
Venture is based in part on the real-life Tampa Bay Phoenix Club. The Suncoast Society munches are based on the Sarasota Society group munches.
Where to start?
I’m frequently asked where someone “should” start in the series. Some people like to read from book 1 onward. Since the books are standalone, you can pick and choose from them, although you might miss some inside jokes and backstory you’d recognize from earlier books.
If someone is completely new to the BDSM genre and wants to learn more about it, sometimes it’s better they start with some of the “gentler” books.
A Roll of the Dice (MF pairing) is about an average, middle-aged couple now faced with an empty nest when their son goes off to college. They delve into BDSM as a way to spice up their marriage. Sometimes, people new to BDSM don’t understand “why” someone would want that kind of dynamic, and it’s a great way to introduce the softer side of it.
Likewise, Domme by Default (MF pairing) is another good “starter” story. It’s about a man who, after several years of marriage, reveals he actually wants his wife to top him, and how they both adjust to that, and the allowances each makes so both can get what they need from the relationship.
The Denim Dom (MF pairing) is Tony and Shayla’s story. She signs on to be his submissive to learn about BDSM for a magazine article series she’s writing. But then what started out as a professional arrangement turns very personal. She starts out with some preconceived prejudices against BDSM for her own personal reasons, and is shocked to discover things about herself she never realized.
If you are no stranger to menages, The Reluctant Dom (MFM pairing) is a good one to introduce someone to the lifestyle. A man is dying, and he wants to make sure his wife and slave are taken care of after he goes, so he enlists the help of his best friend to carry on in his footsteps after he’s gone. His friend is totally shocked by this and has to be walked through the hows and whys of BDSM.
See You Sometime is an old-loves reunited tale, but it’s the experienced female submissive who has to teach the inexperienced male Dominant about the lifestyle. Skye has to help Axel understand the whys and hows of the lifestyle, and the question is can he find his own path through it to come up with a solution that will work for both of them?
Tony Daniels also makes a vanilla appearance in Two Geeks and Their Girl.
Suncoast Society Character Guide:
This is a work in progress, and will be updated as I have time: Click for Google Docs Spreadsheet