So apparently a new sub-genre of romance/e-rom has emerged, and it looks like it was spawned by the anime/manga world. “Reverse harems” (or RH), which the rest of us know as menages, are now a big trend. It used to be more a case of it wasn’t explicitly “romance” but once we got our hands on it in the romance writing world, we spiced it up. LOL (Actually, we were writing it all along and calling them menages.)
There seem to be some differing criteria about what makes a reverse harem story, based on who you talk to, but there are a few commonalities:
- Three or more men and one woman.
- Heroine has to end up with all the men at the end of the book.
- Once the men are with the heroine, they don’t go playing around with other women.
Others have some extra “rules” in there, but those seem to be the big ones.
Based on that criteria, I DO have a few books that make the reverse harem cut. 🙂
- My Deep Space Mission Corps series (currently 4 books with more planned) is mmmf. (There is a box set for these four books.)
- Books 1-10 in my Triple Trouble series are MFMM (there are some other pairings with other characters as well, and the prequels aren’t RH). And there are more books planned for this series.
- A Clean Sweep (Suncoast Society 8, MFMM)
- Rhymes With Orange (Suncoast Society 35, MMMF) is not only reverse harem, but has gay-for-you in it, too.
- Borderline (Suncoast Society 57, MMMF)
- Never Too Late for Love (Suncoast Society 60, MMMF)
Hope this helps you out if you’re looking for those particular pairings.
Currently reading this and it’s still free. Pretty good. A little choppy at first, a few typos confused me, but as I settled into it it’s holding my interest.
Prime Minister (Frisky Beavers 1) http://amzn.to/2kiabUr
I keep the spreadsheet of my legal buy links updated. It gives you a list of all my books, in all the formats (e-books, audio, print) at all the vendors. (And Hubby’s books, too.) http://bit.ly/TDBookList
Make sure you sign up for my e-mail newsletter, because starting this month, I’m going to be running some exclusive giveaways for the members. 🙂 (No spam, and I NEVER share/sell/trade e-mail addresses.)
- Hello, December! And #PeepPimpage #FreebieAlert 12/01/2017
- What am I reading?
- Sneak Peek: Almost Gothic (Eliza and Rusty’s story)
- #amediting – Essential oils to the rescue
- NaNoWriNO for me
- Now Available: Blues Beach
- Sneak peek of Love Slave for Two: Resilience (book 5)
- Adult excerpt for Reconsider Me
- Borderline now on third-party sites
Most Recent Releases/Coming Soon:
- Love Slave for Two: Retribution (book 6)
- Tymber Dalton Special Collection Vol. 2
- Love Slave for Two: Resilience (book 5)
- Happy Spanksgiving
- Triple Trouble Collection (Vol. 2)
- Triple Trouble Prequel Collection (Vol. 1)
- Blues Beach
- Never Too Late for Love
- Reconsider Me
- A Case of You
Now Available in Print:
- Pretzel Logic
- Similar to Rain
- Happy Valenkink’s Day
- Splendid Isolation
- Kinko de Mayo/Time Out of Mind
- A Kinkmas Carol
- Ask DNA
Now in Audiobook:
- Monkey See, Monkey Do (Drunk Monkeys 9)
- Code Monkey (Drunk Monkeys 8)
- Ice Monkeys (Drunk Monkeys 7)
- Flying Monkeys (Drunk Monkeys 6)