(Affiliate links included.)
I’ve talked about my fibromyalgia before. One of the things that causes me issues is I haaaaaate “real” bras. Not just hate them, but they’re literally painful for me to wear. Sports bras, I’m fine with. I’ve tried various kinds over the years, and both the style (and expense) caused me to basically give up. I’m also short-waisted, so traditional bras tend to dig into my rib cage.
They also tend to cause me headaches. (I mean, I’ve ALWAYS had this problem over the years, even when I’ve had fittings for bras like at Victoria’s Secret or department stores, etc.)
I basically settled on wearing very soft camisoles from Jockey under my shirts, and only wearing a real bra for weddings/funerals kind of events. (The running joke is someone knows I love them if I put on a bra for their whatever it is I need to show up to.)
Since I work from home, this usually isn’t an issue. Literally I’ve needed to wear a bra a whopping two times in the past year. (Other than a sports bra for, like, yard work or something.)
But the sports bras I have (comfy, thank you very much) aren’t exactly “dressy.”
And I have Shameless Book Con coming up, for which I purchased a couple of ADORABLE CowCow dresses (unicorns and dinosaurs, oh, my!) to wear.
Bras are needed.
Since I also hate to shop, and my budget won’t allow me to spend more money on a bra than I spend on a pair of fricking shoes, I turned to my old friend, Amazon.
Where I found this gem:
Holy shitballs, y’all! I looked at the size chart, and of COURSE I was literally between two sizes. (I’m a C-cup, sort of.) So I read the reviews, saw they tend to run small, and opted to order an XL and an XXL and try them both. I’m glad I did. I went with the XXL and returned the XL, then ordered a multi-pack with colored ones, and a pack of the black ones.
OMG. These are the most comfortable bras I’ve ever worn, no shit.
I get it that some folks might not be able to use them because they have heavy-duty chesticles that require major levels of containment, but for someone like me, these have been amazing.
AND…they’re reasonably priced.
If you are between two sizes, go UP a size, unless you can afford to get two sizes and do what I did, which is return the one that didn’t fit. I would say take whatever normal T-shirt size you are and try a size up.
There’s my personal recommendation. I’m not affiliated with the seller in any way, and I purchased them with my own money and without any compensation of any kind. I just like to share good stuff when I run across it and really love it. I know I have readers with fibro and other health issues like I have (arthritis, CFS, cardiac issues) and if it can help someone else, then great.
Bonus, now I can wear my cute CowCow dresses at Shameless next month! WOOT!
Hey, if you’re on BookBub (which is free!) I would greatly appreciate follows (and reviews, if you’re so inclined) on there:
Hubby has a new book!
Dancing With a Dead Man (Wolf Mallory Mystery, book 3) is available on Kindle, Google, and Smashwords, and will release everywhere on Friday! (You can pre-order it at the other outlets.)
Bleacke Spirit (Bleacke Shifters 4) writing as Lesli Richardson
The latest installment in the Bleacke Shifters series is NOW AVAILABLE! Woot! Get your copy now!
The Governor Trilogy (writing as Lesli Richardson) is now available everywhere
Did You See…?
- All three books in the Governor Trilogy (Governor, Lieutenant, and Chief) are now available.
- For the Roses and A Spanktacular Fourth now in print.
- A Certain Girl (Suncoast Society, MF, BDSM) is now available! CLICK HERE to order.
- Court and Spark (Suncoast Society, MM, BDSM) is now available. CLICK HERE
- Things to Do in Denver (Suncoast Society, MF, BDSM) is on third-party sites: CLICK HERE
Want to try Governor for FREE before you buy?
Or, if you have friends you want to tell about the trilogy, I do have the first several chapters of Governor (writing as Lesli Richardson) available for free on Instafeebie. Feel free to share that link with them, then they can see for themselves if they think they might like it. (No, I will NEVER share my mailing list!):
- Bleacke Spirit (Bleacke Shifters 4)
- Suit and Tied (Suncoast Society)
- Happy Spank-O-Ween (Suncoast Society)
- Disorder in the House (Suncoast Society)
- Chief (Governor Trilogy 3)
- A Certain Girl (Suncoast Society)
- Lieutenant (Governor Trilogy 2)
- Governor (Governor Trilogy 1)
- Searching for a Heart (Suncoast Society)
- Court and Spark (Suncoast Society)
- Things to Do in Denver (Suncoast Society)
- Come in From the Cold (Suncoast Society)
- Court and Spark (Suncoast Society) on third-party sites.
- Chief (Governor Trilogy 3) now available.
- Lieutenant (Governor Trilogy 2) now available.
- Things to Do in Denver (Suncoast Society) on third-party sites.
- Come in From the Cold (Suncoast Society) on third-party sites.
- A Crafty Ever After (Suncoast Society) on third-party sites.
- Wow, 10 years!
- #consentmatters – From the case files: NO means NO.
Coming Soon | Pre-Orders
Spreadsheet of Buy Links | Series Info | Audiobooks
Facebook group Tymber’s Trybe
Tymber’s Facebook Page | Lesli’s Facebook Page
Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Pinterest
Tymber’s Amazon Author Page | Lesli’s Amazon Author Page
Tymber’s BookBub Page | Lesli’s BookBub Page
My Siren-BookStrand Author Page
Hubby’s Amazon Author Page as Jon Dalton
Hubby’s Amazon Author Page as Haley Jordan