Well, I had a truly TSTL (too stupid to live) moment last night. Let me back up by saying my left shoulder, which is the one that gives me the most problems normally, has been really screwed up since last month’s play party when I topped Sir. I felt it pop in a bad way five minutes into the scene, and really, I should have called it, but since it’d been a while since He’d had a chance to bottom, I didn’t want to do that to Him. So I toughed it out.

Bad mistake.

Since it’s been so bad, I haven’t even been skeet shooting in a while. So Tuesday, I was doing a bunch of catch-up stuff, including getting the riding mower running for Hubby. I tripped getting off it in the shed, and, you guessed it, caught myself with my bad shoulder. And it went pop again.


So back to yesterday. I was determined I was going skeet shooting. So I go, toughed it out for three rounds (didn’t do too bad considering it was my first time back in a while, 12, 15, and 15, and the last 15 would have been higher had I not been listening to the “advice” I kept getting to try to shoot with both eyes open, couldn’t hit squat that way, went back to shooting one-eyed, hit nearly every clay).

Anyhoo, we went out to dinner with our friends, and there was a storm front moving in. Plus I’ve got a tooth that’s been bugging me, but going to the dentist really isn’t in the budget right now (don’t give me that look, I get more pleasure from skeet shooting than pain from my tooth LOL), and my shoulder was throbbing, so I head home, the front chasing me the whole way. Get home literally as it starts raining. I went into the kitchen to take a pain pill, and Hubby tells me Scudder (our older male Lab) needs an Immodium for nervous tummy (not an uncommon occurrence with him). So I have the bottle for the Immodium and the bottle for my pain pills (no, the bottles and the pills look nothing alike, shut up, I’m getting there), and remember the two trays of seeds I planted on Tuesday.

I opened a bottle, while yelling at Hubby to please go out and grab the two trays of potting soil and pull them under the carport so they don’t get poured on and the seeds get flooded out. He runs to go do that as I pop a pill in my mouth and swallow it, followed by a glass of water.

Then I look down and see my Scudder sitting there, tail wagging, ready to take his pill.

*head/desk* Frak.

I honestly had NO idea what I’d just taken. I thought I had just taken his Immodium, because I knew it didn’t go down his throat. But I honestly wasn’t sure.

I burst into tears, because here I was, in pain and suddenly hating myself and my f’cked up body and this goddamned Fibromyalgia. Hubby races in to find out what’s wrong and feeling like a dumbass, I told him. And because I’m NOT 100% sure what I’d just taken, I couldn’t take a Percocet, because the ones I have are the stronger ones, and you CANNOT take two of them at the same time without potential serious complications.

So I gave Scudder his Immodium, took two Aleve, and went to bed. Tried to.

Gidget had yakked in our bed.


So we get up, strip the bed, remake the bed, banish Gidget to the floor (which really pisses her off, because she always sleeps with us) and try to go to sleep.

Took me forever to fall asleep, and then I woke up at 3:49 in pain. Well, obviously it was the Immodium I took. Which also sucks, because I have a hard enough time as it is staving off constipation with the Cymbalta I’m on. So I get up, took a pain pill, and crawl back into bed. I let Gidget back into bed with us because she kept waking Hubby up trying to sneak into bed.

Still couldn’t go back to sleep. Around 4:30 I realized I hadn’t locked my Element.


AND, I left a box of shotgun shells that I didn’t use (I’d bought four boxes not sure if I’d make it four rounds or not). So I get up again, go out, retrieved the shells (didn’t want them sitting all day in a hot car in Florida), locked the Element, and go back to bed.

Around 5:30 (still awake) I realized I hadn’t taken my Cymbalta or my Flexoril (which I take every night) because I was so upset about goofing up the meds earlier.


I get up. AGAIN. (Poor Hubby had nearly as bad a night as I did with me up and down.) Took my meds. Finally, a little before 6:30 this morning, I fell asleep. And woke up around noon today.

With a headache. Either a rebound headache from the Aleve, or from the f’cked up sleep pattern, not sure which.

Not going to be a productive day, I can see that now.

So how’s your Thursday going?

TSTL (the author, not the heroine).
Tagged on:     

19 thoughts on “TSTL (the author, not the heroine).

  • April 5, 2012 at 6:03 pm

    Wow. Thanks for the rant. I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one with moments like this. My TSTL moments come when my ADHD is raging out of control (usually because something I ate triggered a “flare of stupidity” as I call them. One of the worst ones was when I was working in an office and I answered the phone as usual, couldn’t remember where I worked (I’d been there 14 months.), then couldn’t remember who the caller was for and their extension. I had to ask the caller 2 different times who they had called for again. I will NEVER drink sugar-free Hawaiian Punch ever again. Red food coloring and aspartame are two of my BAAAADDD triggers. I had to (in tears)ask someone else to cover the phones until I could get enough caffeine in me to compensate.

    Bad days will happen. Just kick its butt and move past it tomorrow.

  • April 5, 2012 at 6:10 pm

    Yeah, we call it “fibrofog.” Then there’s the moments I’m suffering from “word salad” and can’t come up with a word. Hubby is so patient and waits for me to finally start doing the hand gesture in the air, you know, like waving your hand in a circle as if to say, “Come one, get on with it,” as his cue to start tossing me possible words. LOL

  • April 5, 2012 at 6:11 pm

    Holy crap! I have done the EXACT same things, but the meds were kinda different, my muscle relaxers and stomach(for IBS) got switched somehow, and I couldn’t figure out for 2 days why I couldn’t stay awake. I felt so damn stupid when I figured it out.LOL

  • April 5, 2012 at 6:16 pm

    Oh, Sweetie! Geez. I hope your shoulder gets better. I also hope Sir gave/gives you a fit for continuing on when you realized it was hurting the first time.

    Try not to be too hard on yourself. I’m sure the “headdesk”s aren’t helping with the headache. πŸ˜‰ I will say that when it comes to meds, I have a little pad of paper by the med cabinet. When I need to take something, I pull out ONE container, I jot down in the notepad what it is and what time, take the medication, then close and put the bottle back before moving on to a second medication. I have a horrible time remembering when I took something so I know when I can take the next dose, I found this is the only way for me to keep track of it for sure. And I have to make sure only one comes out at a time and everything is done before it’s put back. That way nothing else is available to get confused. Yes, that is every time. And yes, I learned the hard way that for me every step is required.

  • April 5, 2012 at 7:30 pm

    OMG… hahahaha… Only you sweetie! You poor thing.. so at least this proves you are human. You poor thing… try and have a good day today. You will sleep tonight.

    HUGS for a Happy Thursday!

    Nic πŸ™‚

  • April 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm

    Huge gentle hug, Tymber–you just take care of yourself. We all have awful days and moments, and thanks for sharing one of yours πŸ™‚ And let DH and others take a little care of you, too!

  • April 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm

    Kimberly – I once mixed up my Flexoril with a prednisone multi-pack I was taking and took 3 Flexoril at once. LOL Actually didn’t do anything to me.

    Riane – Um, actually, I didn’t tell Him exactly how I hurt it. I didn’t want Him to feel bad. LOL

    Nicole – LOL Oh, I’m definitely human. I make more screw-ups in a day than most people do in a week. LOL

    flchen1 – Thanks! πŸ™‚ ((HUGS))

  • April 5, 2012 at 11:25 pm

    I am never ever complaining about my pets again. Lol
    that was quite funny in an awful kind of way. I too have pets in the house that hurl/ yak/ throw up on things. And one dog with long hair who drops other presents on the stairs.

    But the meds thing, oh my, I can imagine myself doing that. (hugs)

  • April 5, 2012 at 11:38 pm

    Oh Lesli, I hope your day improved. I surely felt for you. I bitch and moan about the god-awful house we live in, but I’m gonna take some time off with the complaining and send you some healing energy. You need it more than I do. πŸ™‚ Be well, dear lady.

  • April 6, 2012 at 1:59 am

    My Thursday? Not so good, but I don’t think it’s as bad as yours. I have to have surgery for a rotator cuff replacement, and the doctor is out on vacation the day I wanted to schedule it. So I had to push it back a week. Not so bad, just less convenient for my husband to stay home from work for a couple days.

    The real pisser – and I mean HUGE pisser – is that I got a cancellation notice from my new homeowners insurance, 3 months after signing on with them. AND after making damn sure that they had an inspector come out and make sure they wanted to insure my 90+ year old house. So I signed up with Nationwide, cancelled Liberty Mutual, who’d been insuring me with no problem for some years, but a little pricey, and thought we were all good until the letter in today’s mail. I’m thinking about getting a lawyer. I have all the emails where the agent said that they had pictures of the house, that the inspector had no problems other than with how close the neighbor’s house was, etc. I made SURE before I cancelled my old policy. Ohhh, I am so pissed.

    Here’s to a better Friday for both of us!!

  • April 6, 2012 at 2:17 am

    NOT replacement. No idea why I typed that. Rotator cuff REPAIR surgery. I’ll be in a sling for 6 weeks. πŸ™

  • April 6, 2012 at 2:11 pm

    Cari – LOL I figured at least y’all could get a chuckle out of it. πŸ™‚

    Kathleen – Aw, thank you. I appreciate it. ((HUGS))

    Kimberly – Good luck with the surgery. (I didn’t even catch the goof, shows how out of it I am. LOL) And also good luck with the insurance. Bastards. I hope you can stick it to them.

  • April 6, 2012 at 3:45 pm

    I think its something in the Florida air. I’ve been battling and on again off again headache for the last week. And my left shoulder arm is killing me. And didn’t even get to have hurting. Frankly, I don’t know what I did.

  • April 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm

    aww Tymber while I am sorry it was all such a pain, literally and figuratively, and I do hope you are feeling better already or soon! I do love people who are able to be honest and put themselves out there when they do things like you and come up with something, like the TSTL tag to laugh at themselves. And please can I pinch the term “word salad”? I love it! At present my children laugh at me and say “Mum’s having an Alzheimers’ moment… already”. My husband is so patient with me. I vividly remember the day I was trying to think of the “electric jug/kettle” and with a lot of ‘you knows’, waving hands to help the memory, just as you did/do! LOL and finally settling on ‘the thing that makes the water hot’! My poor husband finally understood I wanted a cup of coffee! I dont have fibromyalgia but have a different auto-immune problem and I think it is a side affect of pain, pain medicine, being really busy doing lots of things at the same time and concentrating on nothing leads to what I call a brainfog. I suffer from chronic insomnia but I had the grandchildren overnight 2 nights ago and they were awake at 6am! so last night when their parents came for dinner and picked them up..I was ready for bed by 9pm and out for the count by 10pm! just doesnt happen to me! also means I am getting old that my grandchildren can run me ragged! Take care of you! from Vanessa

  • April 6, 2012 at 11:06 pm

    So, how was your Friday?? Mine was marginally better than my Thursday. I heard from the insurance agent that the SAME person inspected my house the first time just a few weeks ago and reported that everything was OK, then came out again and saw a whole list of issues, and they now want to re-write my policy under a different one of their affiliated companies at, no doubt, a much higher rate. I am going to report them to the state insurance board, the mayor’s office, my senator and representative, the BBB and Attorney General, and anyone else I can think of. Bait and switch much?

  • April 6, 2012 at 11:08 pm

    PS: I hope your head doesn’t hurt from all the desk pounding! And Riane is right… you should have a punishment for carrying on when you knew you were aggravating an old injury.

  • April 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm

    Just read your Thursday post. I took Thursday off because I need to help my mom with some stuff and I need a break from my co-workers. I was making breakfast when I notice a hummingbird at hummingbird feeder that I just put out Sunday. The phone rings and it is my mother telling they were robbed during the night. Some a-holes stole 20K worth of equipment. The cops where coming out to take the report. These same guys stole a truck down the road from us as well. I finally made it to the gym was only able to get 20 minutes in before I had to get back to shower and get ready to take my mom to our appointments which is an hour away. Needless to say even though our day started off crapy we made a point to make lemonade out of lemons. I hope you get some relief soon. My mom has fibromyalgia so I have seen what it does.

  • April 7, 2012 at 11:09 pm

    Jen, that is awful! I hope they’re able to recover that stolen equipment…

  • April 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm

    Thanks, everyone. πŸ™‚ Jen – That’s horrible what happened to your folks. I also hope they nail the guy to the wall. I don’t understand thieves. Despite my cynical nature, I still want to be optimistic about the better parts of human nature.

Comments are closed.