I, however, LOVE my iPhone, after switching from a Droid X2 (and having had the Droid X before that). I’ll freely admit I’m a full-on Mac girl now.
Okay, this is for those of you who notice after an iPhone update your battery life goes for schizz right after.
- Updates to the IOS (for some stupid farking reason) always turn Bluetooth back on. Turn it OFF if you don’t need it.
- Turn off location services for what you don’t need.
- Turn off background refresh on apps where you don’t need to have it running.
- Turn off “push” on mail. (Set it to “fetch.”)
- Make sure to actually power off your iPhone at least once a week.
- Turn off apps when not using them. (Double-tap your home button, and then either hit the X (if you haven’t updated – for shame) or swipe up to close out the app.) If you have a bazillion apps running on your phone, of course it’s going to suck the battery dry.
Here are some great articles with these and more details on how to tweak your iPhone settings. NOTE: You might have to do this after every update, so don’t assume that just because you did it once that you won’t have to go back and redo something.
- Why does my iPhone battery die so fast?
- 26 ways to improve your iPhone’s battery life.
- 17 Tips to Extend iPhone Battery Life
- How to Save Battery Power on an Iphone
- 8 iPhone Battery Tips and Tricks
Hope those help y’all out. Enjoy!