Because I’m not enough of a masochist apparently, I’ve jumped into wanting to learn Norwegian. (No, not at all because I want to watch Trolhunter or the Norwegian train documentary without subtitles…)
I mean, okay, that’s
the biggest reason why a little of the reason why. I know a trip to Norway isn’t in our immediate future, (probably not even in the next year or two) but I’m a Taurus, which means I prepare ridiculously ahead of time.
But Tymber, shouldn’t you be focusing on FINALLY mastering Spanish, since you’ve taken it and French and Italian more than once and eventually want to translate your books into other languages, and you live in the fricking middle of FLORIDA, where a goodly percentage of the population speaks Spanish?
Yes, Spanish is still right up there on the tippy-top of my list.
Trollhunter, however, is not in Spanish.
Yes, I’m being irrationally stubborn about this, and I give no flying fucks about that, either.
Hubby opened the Amazon package today, sighed, handed them over, and said, “Well, there goes my idea number one for your Christmas presents.”
I love the Babel app, but I also like having written materials in front of me to study.
There’s also another reason I want to learn Norwegian, because of the Viking re-enactment group I’m part of. I haven’t had a lot of time to get out with them lately, but hopefully life will settle down soon so I can. I think it’d be cool to know Norwegian.
I guess if you know Norwegian, it makes some similar languages easier to understand, like Danish and Swedish.
And y’all know I’m all about IKEA.
Obviously, knowing Spanish/French/Italian fluently would be fan-fucking-tastic, so I could translate my books myself into those languages. One day, maybe I will be.
But dangit, I want to learn Norwegian.
(Yes, this will end up in a book eventually, I’m sure. It’s kinda what I do.)
What language has been on your bucket list?
PS – Yes, I’m working on the next Suncoast Society book, but it’s very emotional and taking me a while. Meanwhile, I’m wrapping up the next two Triple Trouble books and Good Will Ghost Hunting books 3-6 to submit all of them at the same time.
Did you miss something…?
- I’m pining for the fjords…
- Yes, Governor (Governor Trilogy 4) is now available by itself
- Our hurricane prep list
- Poly now available in print
- Farborn (Maxim Colonies 2) now available in print
Other Recent Releases:
- Farborn (Maxim Colonies 2)
- Geek-Speak (Bleacke Shifters 6)
- Governor Trilogy Box Set
- A Bleacke Christmas (Bleacke Shifters 5)
- Good Friends (Suncoast Society)
- Release (Devastation Trilogy 3)
- Solace (Devastation Trilogy 2)
- Night By Night (Suncoast Society)
- Dirge (Devastation Trilogy 1)
- Excitable Boy (Suncoast Society)
- Follow Me (Suncoast Society)
- Jailmates (Maxim Colonies)
- Determination Trilogy (Dignity, Diligence, Desire)
- It’ll Be Fun (Suncoast Society)
- One Week Last Summer (Suncoast Society)
- Saudade (Maxim Colonies 3)
- Inequitable Trilogy
- Deviant Trilogy